PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Just a quick update

Just a quick little follow-up to yesterday's post, Stop the Dollar Menu!

On top of all the goodies I made from the very inexpensive ingredients I purchased yesterday, check out this little gem we enjoyed tonight from (half of!) the left-over chicken--


I shredded the chicken, mixed it with a little pesto, low-fat mayo, dijon mustard, and minced onion.  I spread that mixture onto a slice of ciabatta, topped it with sliced tomato and provolone cheese and melted it in the oven for a few minutes.

My husband said he'd order it for lunch any day.  It literally cost, at the most, 1 dollar per serving to make!

3 comments:

  1. That looks amazing!! Great fast dinner idea from leftovers! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so yummy. This will be a great carb free option for me but can add in the bread for mu hubby. New follower.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks absolutely yummy. Thanks for sharing, definitely gotta try it myself. New GFC follower here. :)

    ReplyDelete