PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Latest obbsession/Photo dump

During my vacation last week, my mom and I went out for dinner in Pentwater one night.  The restaurant we went to serves a half baked acorn squash and it is SO GOOD.  
I didn't even order one and I probably ate half of hers (sorry Mom!).  So, naturally, I had to recreate it when I got home. 


It's really a classic recipe--the baking technique is what makes this one so amazing. I found the best way to make this is by cutting the squash in half and baking it skin side up in about an inch of water for 30 minutes at 350 degrees.  
Drain the water, flip the squash, and coat the center with butter, brown sugar, cinnamon, and a pinch of salt and bake it under a broiler for about 5 minutes--or until the sugar creates a golden brown crust.

I'm telling you--this stuff was like vegetable creme brulee! 


As promised, here are a few photos of my beach week.


 My niece, Karly with miss Bella


Husband and cousin floating.
 

Momma and me.
 

Bar sitting.
 

S'mores!  So exciting.
 

Just the most beautiful place.
 

We were outnumbered by black dogs at times.


I mean, come on.  Look at that!


Happy Tuesday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment