PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Monday, August 27, 2012

Just for fun


 
 
1. Are you married? If so when did you get married, and tell us about your special day. If not? How would you describe your dream wedding?
 
I am.  Scott and I were married July 9th, 2011.  It was the most perfect day.  We were married at the church I went to throughout middle and high school and had our reception at a golf course in my home town.  One of my biggest goals for the day was that all of my guests had fun, and I really think it happened.  It helps that I have a lot of fun people in my life!

2. Show us some wedding pictures. Either yours or of some that you love.
 





 

Had to include this one!  That would be my father.
 
3. How about the engagement? Tell us your story. If not engaged, what's your dream proposal?

According to Scott, he got nervous.  He said he kept thinking of ways to ask me, but when it came down to it, he just couldn't wait.  So one night we were at home sitting on the couch, eating popcorn, watching a movie.  I looked over at him and he was down on his knee, holding a ring.  I think I spit popcorn all over his face.  Honestly, while it wasn't the least bit creative, it was perfect.  I knew he was going to propose any day, so the fact that he did it in a way that surprised me was awesome.  I was so happy!



4. Show us your wedding rings or an engagement photo! If not engaged/married ... show us your "dream" ring.
 
How about both?

We did engagement photos at the place we met :)
 
 


5. Tell us why you think marriage doesn't work out for so many? What can we do to make things last?
 
I think too many people put too much of an emphasis on love and passion.  Don't get me wrong, I am very much in love with my husband and am absolutely passionate about him, but I just believe there is so much more to a successful marriage.  The best thing about our marriage is that we are best friends.  We genuinely like each other and want to spend time together.
Communication is also key.  Before we were even engaged we had all of the important talks; pet peeves, children, pets, finances, etc.  Don't skip these talks!  To many of them are deal breakers!  
We try to be physically and emotionally intimate every day.  Get your minds out of the gutter--I'm talking multiple "I love you"s per day and a lot of hugs and kisses.
 

 


No comments:

Post a Comment