PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Chef, food writer, food stylist?

A part of my life I haven't really written much about is one of my "jobs".  I work as a corporate chef on a contracted, part time basis for a food broker.  It's a small company owned by a couple that I've known literally since I was born, so it was a very convenient set up for all of us.
It's been great to have something to fill my off days and bring in a little extra cash while I'm working on building my personal chef and catering service--not to mention a great learning experience for me.

This morning, I had the opportunity to try my hand at some food styling and photography for a major retailer's newsletter.

Here are a couple of (untouched and amateur) photos of what we were working on.



Shouldn't the brand be paying me for this? :)
 

Homemade French onion soup.


I so appreciate any opportunity I can get to expand my knowledge of the food world.  I love that I have chosen an industry that is ever changing and ever growing.  It makes it so easy to remain passionate when there is so much to learn!


That's the end of my ramble.  
Happy hump day!

1 comment:

  1. YUM!! I have enjoyed reading your blog since I found it! I have awarded you with the Liebster Blogger award! Head over to my site to check out the details!

    ReplyDelete