Friday, March 22, 2013

Thai Turkey Rolls and a Bonus DIY

 Love me some Friday!  Even when I have to work this weekend, there's just something so lovely about the end of another week.
To celebrate, how about a delicious meal AND a DIY?


Forgive me, I don't have an actual recipe for this one.  I really made it up on the spot.  But I promise it's simple!
I started by sauteeing onion, carrot, red bell pepper, and garlic in some olive oil, seasoning with salt and pepper.


 Next, I added lean ground turkey and allowed it to cook through.


I then added some of my most favorite flavors in the world.  



For added freshness, color, and nutrients, I then added a bunch of chopped kale and allowed it to wilt slightly
 

 After allowing the mixture to cool, I filled store bought egg roll wrappers with some of the turkey mixture.


Using some water to seal the edges, I rolled them up like a burrito.
 

Next, I heated a skillet with canola oil and, once it was hot, fried the rolls until all sides were golden and crisp.
 


 Finally, I allowed the excess oil to drain on a paper towel.



 
Slice and serve just like this, or add your favorite Asain sauce (I had some soy and siracha with mine).


And for the bonus: I rehupolstered my dining room chairs yesterday.  I've been meaning to get around to this project for approximately 3 years, so it was about time!  


I am absolutely thrilled with how they turned out!
Have a happy weekend,

Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. What's Going down i'm new to this, I stumbled upon this I have discovered It positively helpful and it has aided me out loads.
    I'm hoping to contribute & assist different users like its helped me. Good job.

    Visit my web site; cheap nike free run shoes

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent site. Lots of helpful information here. I'm sending it to several buddies ans additionally sharing in delicious. And obviously, thanks in your effort!

    Here is my page ... cheap nike air max 2012

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visit every day some sites and websites to read articles, except this webpage gives quality based content.



    Feel free to visit my weblog cheap nike air max 90

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks delicious! The chairs look fab too!
    I followed your blog:)

    Kathy
    kaydeeglam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete