Monday, March 18, 2013

Way too good to be true. Or is it?

Well, it's been awhile.  I have to be honest, I've been lacking in the blog motivation lately.  I just haven't felt very inspired with topics!  I'd rather not post then to post pointless things.
Good news, though--this recipe is worth it!

The last changes I've made to my diet include a LOT less gluten, less sugar, and less dairy.
I've found it to be kind of a fun challenge to see what kind of recipes I can re-create.

Mind you, these cookies were 100% experimental, but I actually was really happy with how they turned out.
 They're gluten free, dairy free, low-sugar, low-fat, and packed with nutrients.


Gluten & Dairy Free Chocolate Chip Cookies

2 1/4 Cup Gluten Free Flour
1 tsp Baking Soda
1 tsp Sea Salt
1/2 cup Applesauce
1/2 cup Soy Milk
1/4 cup vegetable oil
2/3 cup Truvia
1 tsp Vanilla
6 oz Gluten and Dairy Free Chocolate Chips/Chunks

Optional: 2 Tbsp Flax seed and 1/2 cup Toasted Coconut



1. Cream together the Truvia, soy milk, oil, applesauce, and vanilla.
2. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, baking soda, salt, flax, and coconut.
3. With the mixer on low, slowly add the flour mixture into the wet ingredients until just combined.
4. Fold in the chocolate chips at the very end.
 

 Scoop 2 tbsp sized cookies onto a parchment-lined baking sheet.  One thing I will do differently next time I make these is to slightly flatten the dough.  
*They tend to keep their shape when they bake, so if you flatten them they'll cook through more evenly*

Bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.


 These turned out so tasty!  They're really soft and chewy.  Delicious.

Enjoy :)
 
Photobucket

1 comment: