PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Wednesday, December 26, 2012

A Meal by Meal Guide. Kind Of.

Forgive the lack of originality, but I LOVE Christmas.  Family, togetherness, presents, and of course, Baby Jesus!

At the beginning of our celebrations, I decided to attempt to photograph all of the meals we enjoyed.  I sort of failed, but I did remember enough times to rationalize a post dedicated to them.. 


These are just another perfect example of why Pinterest is so wonderful.  Devils food cookies stuffed with Rolos.
 

My mama's specialty--Coquilles St. Jacques.  It's basically scallops and mushrooms with white wine, cream and cheese.  It's ridiculous.
 

I was in charge of the main course and decided to go with a classic Coq au Vin.  It's a french chicken dish cooked down with veggies, herbs, and red wine.  So comforting and tasty!
 

I served the Coq au Vin over garlic whipped yellow potatoes and with green beans.
 

A couple appetizers we had were my pumpkin, sausage, and cheese stuffed mushrooms and my dad's meat and cheese stuffed jalapenos.  Apparently we like our foods stuffed in my family.
 

For Christmas dinner, I marinated a round steak overnight in soy sauce, sesame oil, hoison, ginger, and a few other goodies.
 

We grilled the steak and made a spicy brown rice and veggie stir fry as side dishes--so delicious!



What's your favorite dish/holiday tradition?!

No comments:

Post a Comment