Monday, February 18, 2013

Home!

SO many mixed emotions about this.  The last 2 days or so of our vacation, I legitimately sunk into a deep depression about leaving.
I always get kind of bummed at the end of a trip, but it increased ten-fold leaving the 80 degree weather to return to snowy Michigan.  I am most certainly over winter right now.

You know how we all say, "I just need a vacation to get rested and recharged!"?  Biggest myth of all time.
So, we work so hard when we're at home, completely exhaust ourselves with a 14 hour travel day that happens to begin at 3:00am, drink ourselves into oblivion rest for a week, re-exhaust ourselves with yet another 14 hour travel day, spend 2 days unpacking and doing laundry, then go back to working like a mad-man/woman at home.

Don't get me wrong, I loved laying by the pool for a week straight, but I feel not even near rested now that I'm home.

Getting back into the routine does feel kind of nice though.  AND I got to see my puppy!  We missed her an unnatural amount.

I'll leave you with an obnoxious number of photos :)

















Photobucket

4 comments:

  1. Looks like an amazing trip! Where did you guys go? I hear ya on both counts... being totally over winter and needing a vacation when I get back from a vacation :-P

    We hated winter so much we moved from CT to FL and haven't looked back. BEST decision ever!

    As for coming back from vacay, I usually try to take off the day after we get back as well so I have a day to unwind, catch up on sleep, and do our laundry. It helps for sure! ;0)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We went to Puerto Vallarta in Mexico. So nice! We did take a day between getting home and going to work, but it hardly even helped!

      Delete
  2. Wow! It looks absolutely amazing there. Terrific photos, I'm so jealous - it really does look like a beautiful place!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so jealous LOL..I want to go to Mexico so bad. Hubby doesn't like going to resort places. I am going to have make it a girls trip with Sister and friends :)

    ReplyDelete